Flying Millyard 5 Liter V-Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roslyn

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I do not think is that cool seen it up close at Calne bike day a bit crude and I was not that impressed with it lots of work rounds to get it running.

But would not detract he is aw inspiring brilliant and very intelligent person but think it is one of his less desirable bikes he has built it because he was give two aero plane engine cylinders to start with.

I loved his 1970 Kawasaki H1 500 triple sounded awesome and more practical to ride on the roads.

Yep I like two strokes as well..

davidd

VOC Member
I enjoyed the richening circuit, which caused the float bowls to slide up and down. I could have used that a few times.

David

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
just more complcation to go wrong and I have never had to use any sort choke on a bike to start it?

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I find it pretty incredible that he fabricated a couple of carbs literally from start to finish from aluminium pipe and lumps of brass, and with the height adjustable float chambers to enrich the mixture to start the beast, let alone the rest of it, generator etc I was always proud when I made something out of my Meccano set. I think the chap is a genius.

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
one of many geniuses that have sheds garages etc lots around where I live

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
I find it pretty incredible that he fabricated a couple of carbs literally from start to finish from aluminium pipe and lumps of brass, and with the height adjustable float chambers to enrich the mixture to start the beast, let alone the rest of it, generator etc I was always proud when I made something out of my Meccano set. I think the chap is a genius.
do not underestimate your self as we all have it within ourselves start small and go on from there

Bart

Forum User
VOC Member
Getting petrol for your 5 liter bike on a beautiful Velocette twin, great! :cool:

I started bikes with these little honda SS50 mopeds and of course his V-twin SS100 was amazing at the time!

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Fantastic achievement.

Does anyone else feel inadequate after watching it?

I would love to have that skill and dedication level.

Cheers Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.