• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

E: Engine Cylinder Head Crack

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I guess, its also some of the high mileage a vinnie has done.

Makes al kind of problems.

Speciallly when the head is already warped as one nips it up to the cylinders.
Let alone the not alining top and lower guids.

Bussy doing 8 heads now.
I will make a new thread about it

erik

VOC Member
This cylinder head will be repaired by Rainer Traupel engineering in Germany.It will cost about 500€.Erik

oexing

VOC Member
Big question: What was the failure in this engine - broken valve ? So some poor quality valves seem to be around ? This may confirm my decision not to get "original" valves from stockists but instead do some from Diesel valves from the motor trade, chromed stems and known welded seat protection , Diesels leadfree certainly . . . Or a broken piston breaking the valve in next step ??

Vic

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
I have had excellent reliability from the G&S Valves sold by the Club. Any valves that have been bent or broken were struck by the piston during the failure of a big end or some other mechanical failure that did not involve the initial direct failure of the valve.

David

erik

VOC Member
@Vic! This cylinder head came with my new projekt .I don`t know the history.Erik