• Founders.png
    Founders.png
    636.8 KB · Views: 3,292
Last edited:

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
A great event with dozens of club stands, a huge variety of machinery and there are lots of the usual stalls in the autojumble.

The VOC Coventry Section usually has a double plot stand and we have filled it with over 20 Vincent bikes the last few years. Everyone welcome, park your bike on our plot, say hello to old friends meet new ones. Leave your helmet with us when you want to have a wander around.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
A great event with dozens of club stands, a huge variety of machinery and there are lots of the usual stalls in the autojumble.

The VOC Coventry Section usually has a double plot stand and we have filled it with over 20 Vincent bikes the last few years. Everyone welcome, park your bike on our plot, say hello to old friends meet new ones. Leave your helmet with us when you want to have a wander around.
Hi Eddie,
we're thinking of coming to Founders Day again, which we hope is still going ahead.
If we come on Vincent's, do we still just turn up or do we need to let you know numbers in advance?
Thanks
Jon Lambley

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Eddie,
we're thinking of coming to Founders Day again, which we hope is still going ahead.
If we come on Vincent's, do we still just turn up or do we need to let you know numbers in advance?
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Dear John,
The latest news from the Taverners section is that the event will go ahead with a limit of 4000 people. I will see if I can find out a little more and post it in this thread.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Eddie,
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Dear Jon,
Apologies, I did not fully answer your previous email about do you let us know how many or just turn up. It would be nice to know numbers in advance but with our fickle weather we rarely know how many we're actually going to get so what normally happens. We get there early, put up the gazebo, and then people on Vincent's should come up the drive to the display stand area, find our stand and put the bike there. Do not park with the other bikes in the general parking area. If there is any query tell them you are displaying on the Vincent Owners Stand. Most years we have a double plot because we get so many Vincent's turning up. I think we had over 20 last year.

Regarding number of people allowed in, I don’t as yet know how they would ascertain the total number of visitors. My guess is that total numbers will not be a problem unless we are lucky enough to get: a) a perfect day weatherwise and: b) free entry for everybody. Fingers crossed for “a” and dream on for “b”.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Jon,
Apologies, I did not fully answer your previous email about do you let us know how many or just turn up. It would be nice to know numbers in advance but with our fickle weather we rarely know how many we're actually going to get so what normally happens is: We get there early, put up the gazebo, and then people on Vincent's should come up the drive to the display stand area, find our stand and put the bike there. Do not park with the other bikes in the general parking area. If there is any query tell them you are displaying on the Vincent Owners Stand. Most years we have a double plot because we get so many Vincent's turning up. I think we had over 20 last year.

Regarding number of people allowed in, I don’t as yet know how they would ascertain the total number of visitors. My guess is that total numbers will not be a problem unless we are lucky enough to get: a) a perfect day weatherwise and: b) free entry for everybody. Fingers crossed for “a” and dream on for “b”.
Thanks Ed, no problem and all understood.
Hopefully see you there.
Regards
Jon

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Jon,
Apologies, I did not fully answer your previous email about do you let us know how many or just turn up. It would be nice to know numbers in advance but with our fickle weather we rarely know how many we're actually going to get so what normally happens. We get there early, put up the gazebo, and then people on Vincent's should come up the drive to the display stand area, find our stand and put the bike there. Do not park with the other bikes in the general parking area. If there is any query tell them you are displaying on the Vincent Owners Stand. Most years we have a double plot because we get so many Vincent's turning up. I think we had over 20 last year.

Ed, all that conversation we've and my good intentions but I've just been grounded by Track and Trace. Apparently I've been near someone with Covid -19, so will not be able to come to the super Founders Day after all. Bugger
I hope it all goes well, which I'm sure it will.
Cheers
Jon

vibrac

VOC Member
Hope you all have a good day its one of my highlights of the year unfortunately (or fortunately?) I will be at Cadwell park ministering to the big twin Vin