Comet C _ Enquiry from Austria

VincAustria

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello friends of Vincent motorcycles !

My Name is Helmut Buchberger, I am an Austrian and I am looking for a Comet C. I have never seen one in Austria and I am looking now to find one in Great Britain or in other European countries.

CAN YOU HELP ME ?

Do you know someone who wants to sell his Comet C ? I am 40 years old and I want to fulfill one of my dreams.

My budget is in the range 8000 - 14.000 (British Pounds) or 10.000- 15.000 (EURO).

Please tell me. Here in Austria you may fin many old Puchs and KTMs but it's almost impossible to find a COMET.

Can you help me ?

- - Helmut Buchberger

my email: drbuchberger@aon.at

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There is a very nice one for sale in the USA

1950 Vincent Comet: Good, strong running bike. Numbers match. About 5,000 miles on a rebuilt head with new valves, sealed guides, springs, caps, etc., done by Bill Jean. Same mileage on a new 8:1 piston, new liner, and new muff. It has alloy Dunlop 19" flanged rims (WM1 front, WM2 back) which are apparently quite desirable for the Gold Star crowd. Amal Mk 1 930 Concentric carb mated to the standard Shadow adapter. Alton alternator and Podtronics rectifier. BT-H electronic magneto. Asking $24,000. Don't be hesitant to make an offer. Tom, VOC member.. Phone: 909-335-8198 USA 2/21/08

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Finding a Comet.....

Hi Helmut,

First off, best place to start is the Vincent Owners Club - f you haven't joined yet I would encourage you too - the monthly magazine has a section where members can buy and sell - you'll see Comet's in there from time to time.

Next, joining the Club you can then go along to the local section meet and get introduced to members - someone may be able to put you onto a bike for sale.

Next - try Ben Walker at Bonhams Auctioneers - they get a good selection of Vincents for Auction and the next one is 28 April I think at the Stafford Show - so you could come over for the weekend, enjoy the show and buy a bike perhaps!!

Next - Conway Motors are a long established Vincent dealer as well as restorer and repairer - you should be able to find them on the web, but if you join the club then they advertise in the magazine - they often have machines for sale - both direct and on behalf of other members.

Hope that helps - join the VOC, you'll not regret it as a first step.

Cheers

Stuart
Hello friends of Vincent motorcycles !

My Name is Helmut Buchberger, I am an Austrian and I am looking for a Comet C. I have never seen one in Austria and I am looking now to find one in Great Britain or in other European countries.

CAN YOU HELP ME ?

Do you know someone who wants to sell his Comet C ? I am 40 years old and I want to fulfill one of my dreams.

My budget is in the range 8000 - 14.000 (British Pounds) or 10.000- 15.000 (EURO).

Please tell me. Here in Austria you may fin many old Puchs and KTMs but it's almost impossible to find a COMET.

Can you help me ?

- - Helmut Buchberger

my email: drbuchberger@aon.at

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Hi Helmut,
Join the club and come to the Austrian Rally at Wagrain later in the year, and if you are lucky you will see plenty of vins and may be a vomet or two.
hoping that you wil join.
norman .

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Comet.

Hi Helmut,
If you want a nice Comet then take a look at the one that Justin has for sale on the home page, one thing that I can say is that you wont find a better one:D shame that he took the brass T29 off and put some Jap thing on:eek:
I am sure that Justin will come down on the price as I do know that he could do with a quick sale.
And if you want any photos of the build up of the bike just send me your email address and I will send some to you.

Cheers,
Russ

Last edited: