C: Clutch Clutch

Shilton

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi I got my new to me rapide running after a long slumber running , my problem is the clutch is not very progressive more on and off , I have tame the beast and the red book , but not impressed with them is there any better manuals or literature? I know there is more of them but Nortons Velocette triumph etc have excellent manuals as I have them , I’d like to know how to adjust my clutch and am a visual person or is there someone local who can help me ? Near burton on Trent thanks scott

Shilton

Forum User
VOC Member
There is Know Thy Beast and the Instruction
It’s not very informative having read it , there must be something better ? It’s such a prestigious bike with the worst literature, I know there aren’t many out there so a limited market

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi I got my new to me rapide running after a long slumber running , my problem is the clutch is not very progressive more on and off , I have tame the beast and the red book , but not impressed with them is there any better manuals or literature? I know there is more of them but Nortons Velocette triumph etc have excellent manuals as I have them , I’d like to know how to adjust my clutch and am a visual person or is there someone local who can help me ? Near burton on Trent thanks scott
I am in Burton quite often as I volunteer at the Vintage Motorcycle Club Library, Wetmore Road almost every Wednesday. I will be in Burton on Sunday this weekend (May 12th) at Marstons Club, Shobnall Road, Burton. It is the Burton Parade. I will be riding a Harris Matchless. Ask for Eddy. I can talk to you about Vincent twin clutches and have a shoe-setting jig, drawings, etc.
Have a look at this search tread: https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/search/51213/?q=clutch&c[users]=BigEd&o=date lots of info about the original Vincent twin clutch.

Shilton

Forum User
VOC Member
I am in Burton quite often as I volunteer at the Vintage Motorcycle Club Library, Wetmore Road almost every Wednesday. I will be in Burton on Sunday this weekend (May 12th) at Marstons Club, Shobnall Road, Burton. It is the Burton Parade. I will be riding a Harris Matchless. Ask for Eddy. I can talk to you about Vincent twin clutches and have a shoe-setting jig, drawings, etc.
Have a look at this search tread: https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/search/51213/?q=clutch&c[users]=BigEd&o=date lots of info about the original Vincent twin clutch.
Thank you very much I might be going to the swad festival Sunday, but I will definitely try to get in touch , I live in Walton on trent , so not far , thanks Scott

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I sometimes come through Walton and use the bridge. I can send you my email by private message if you want to get in touch that way. Best not to put too much personal detail on a forum.