Close fit in Exide case

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am using an Amazon sourced Motobatt MBTX7U in a fiberglass case from Classic Bike Shop in UK. It is an 8 amp 12v AGM and is a very good fit, leaving room for a fuse and some connections inside the case. I don't think it would fit an empty standard case, but this thin walled one is perfect. I looked a bit for a case that was the right size internally, as they seem to vary a lot. Who would want to see something so yellow in plain sight, so a case or paint is a necessity.

Ron
image.jpg

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I wondered about that, I thought at first is was a case consigned to bottom shelf at the back of the garage, but now it makes sense!:D
Steven

Oldhaven

VOC Member
I made an Exile case out of fiberglass. Also a King of the Load. The thin walls help quite a bit, but it takes me so long to make one it is not practical.

David

Ya Ya , and what kind of boot tray fits it? We better be careful, this is the kind of thing us boys can't resist and before you know it the moderator will be down on us.

Now that I see what yours looks like, my case doesn't look quite like fiberglass and may be molded or poured.

Ron

Albervin

VOC Member
I found a wide range of variations in internal dimensions of the cases. At the moment I am using an ordinary 6v in a case but I am thinking of going the 12v route and a motobatt
would be one of my choices along with some cyclon units. Ron, there are several moderators but this is not coming down on you.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
I guess I need not fear auto correct when moderator correct is functioning, changing exile to Exide. Thanks to anon.

Ron

vibrac

VOC Member
I found a wide range of variations in internal dimensions of the cases. At the moment I am using an ordinary 6v in a case but I am thinking of going the 12v route and a motobatt
would be one of my choices along with some cyclon units. Ron, there are several moderators but this is not coming down on you.
As the the push to get all cars onto the electricity grid gathers apace (A crazy idea as at the same time they have blown up Didcott powerstation 3 nukes are leaking water and Putin will pull the plug on gas fired power stations-but I digress) battery technology roars ahead, cyclon batterys are old hat (I also melted two with my walkernator) try the well known Vincent suppliers and you may be surprised what is on offer