Central Wheel Components

G

Graham Smith

I ordered a new rim from Central Wheel a few weeks ago, but have had nothing as yet.

Has anyone else ordered anything lately, and if so, how long did it take?

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I understand that The Devon Rim Company go to great lengths to produce true rims, and they stamp them in exactly the same way that Dunlop stamped theirs, same font and style etc. but substituting the DUNLOP name with DEVON, really nice, and at first glance you hardly even notice the difference.
Central Wheel used to use RADELLI, which were anything but true, but they maybe do not use them any longer.

oexing

VOC Member
The Devon Rim Company (Doug Richardson) once produced all Vincent damper shrouds and pushrod shrouds as well , in stainless. I think in recent times they only supply the Spares Co these products, don´t offer them to private customers any more. So today they got the Rim Company name.

Vic

greg brillus

VOC Member
I use to buy my rims from Devon directly and they gave me a good trade price.......then their sales went on line only and I lost that ability, plus they would not send any rims that were coach lined stating they might get damaged in transit........Well the rims the VOC spares co send me have never shown any damage.........The Devon rims I found to be the best........Shame some things become so hard.

vibrac

VOC Member
I hesitate to moan about central wheels as they are one of the large companies that have kept the front wheel tyres going but now Avons are going....
For the Vincent racer we used Wilis Wheels Epping (we had to get 2 sets as the 18" where rejected by Landsdowne) what I liked best was he bent his own spokes to suit, important with the space available for Vincent wheels.

Last edited by a moderator: