Carburettor choices

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I can still bump start on my 35 Velo I think the bikes back then were more ergonomic for short old guys any one over 50 who has a son shorter than him is in a minority nowadays

kerry

VOC Member
For what it's worth, if it helps, I have a C shadow that will only start if I flood the front cylinder and give FULL throttle, it starts first kick then but that is the only way to start it, warm it starts fine and runs superbly ! seems they can all be different, others I have known do not like the throttle being touched. very fresh petrol is a must, Kerry

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have a funny way of bump starting my Comet, Sometimes after winter there is too much oil on the clutch,
So it won't start on the kicker, "Clutch slip ", So I roll it back on compression and sneak up on it !,
Running along side and drop the clutch !, There isn't room in my front garden to jump on and I am too old now, It has worked a few times, Once I have done a few miles the clutch is fine for the summer.

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
bill i met you once at the dorset rally a couple of years i was the one on the black triumph coming off a cropper while riding in to the field had a bit of slid on the mud.

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
VOC Dorset Rally The Trooper Inn 5th August 2017 think you was doing a tank for some one i did say hello took 75 random photos as well

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Don't think it was me, I did the 2011 at Fordingbridge Think I saw your Brothers BSA/ Vin',
And a few West Bay , Cheers Bill.

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
yes i think so as it was one of the first voc events i done by my self as i had only just joined the club at the time but read all the mphs as my late father had them when he was a member and had planned this year to go to more events but lockdown killed it all

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
2011 the rally Harvey's Rap was stolen and mine was 4 feet away, son Robert said next morning, I glad it as his and not your's dad as he has only one week of memories with it and you have a lifetime with yours.
When he put it like that, what could I say!.