Canberra, Location Thereof...

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dunno if that's always true.
OK, I should have qualified my comment with "all other things being equal." If only one carrier flies out of, say, Yellowknife there isn't much incentive for them to charge low prices or offer high levels of service. Also, even when all other things are equal there isn't a linear relationship between cost and service. The Saudis paid $19,600 for my ticket to Riyadh a few years ago. While the service was great, I can't say it was fully 10x better than it was for someone who had paid $1960 for a Coach ticket. Still, the general rule certainly applies, that the more one pays the better the service. All other things being equal, that is.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Our expectations are that we will arrive..and that our bags will arrive either with us, or shortly thereafter. It is a 2hr flight, so we really dont care if there is food-we usually bring our own snacks. At the end of the day it is 50% of the cost of travelling by rail, so a substantial amount of things can screw up and we will still be ok..unless of course the Putin backed french separatists shoot the damn plane down.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Perhaps, and they do have such delightful accents, and they barter with single malt which I find endearing..