F: Frame C Comet Engine plates or patterns for featherbed

Bogage

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A good friend has a Comet engine and amc gearbox he is wanting to mount in a featherbed frame. He is looking for plates or plans so he can make this happen. Let’s see what inquiry this brings…

vibrac

VOC Member
All depends on your gearbox and what primary system you use
All I ever did with specials was get some hardboard pop the engine and box in the frame prop them up and start cutting hardboard
once you have the positions right take the patterns to the water cutter

garagebrands

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
i think i have this pair of cardboard patterns comet/amc to featherbed still somewhere in the garage. once got them from garry laurence. will have a look

Attachments

• 051020165116.jpg
    051020165116.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 14

Bogage

VOC Member
That would be amazing. I truly appreciate your effort and your finding them. Please look me up if you ever get to Montana! You can send them to Joshua Bogage P.O. Box 2691 Missoula, MT 59806

If you have papypal I can send you some money for the postage. Please let me know and again, thank you!

garagebrands

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
ok will do:) garry laurence once helped me a lot with that. I'm glad that I can now pass them on to someone else who needs them. he used these on his stunning norvin-comet build. i think he used the norton laydown box. they should have the same mounting-specs as the AMCbox. hope they'll help you. regards sven

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Be aware the single and twin Norton frames have different front mounting points, the single is a 1/2" hole as opposed to the twins 3/8" and is about 2" higher.
The bracket is roughly a triangle , the single having a flat side at the top and a twin has it at the bottom.
That would be amazing. I truly appreciate your effort and your finding them. Please look me up if you ever get to Montana! You can send them to Joshua Bogage P.O. Box 2691 Missoula, MT 59806

If you have papypal I can send you some money for the postage. Please let me know and again, thank you!

Bogage

VOC Member
I received the plans. Once again, many thanks from Montana. We hope you come visit soon! I will send pics of the progress!! Cheers, Josh and Morto