Brooklands Motorcycle Day - Sunday 2nd July

jowen66

Forum User
VOC Member
Will there be much of a Vincent attendance at Brooklands Motorcycle Day on Sunday 2nd, it doesn't appear to get a mention in the Calendar. Anyone going? Taking my time in research phase ahead of the purchase of a Twin, so looking for opportunities to broaden my knowledge!

jowen66

Forum User
VOC Member
Will there be much of a Vincent attendance at Brooklands Motorcycle Day on Sunday 2nd, it doesn't appear to get a mention in the Calendar. Anyone going? Taking my time in research phase ahead of the purchase of a Twin, so looking for opportunities to broaden my knowledge!
Amused to see the Mexican Flag pop up ... only here temporarily on business ... fortunately can still get TMS to listen to the Ashes!

brian gains

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
stevecastle@brooklandsmuseum.com

Head of Tracker and Air (events?) is the fellow to petition about free access for machines of Vincent Owners Club , it was mentioned that it would be quite a cachet for Brooklands if this could be arranged.

The fellow in question is away until Tuesday and seeking privileges on behalf of the club is beyond my pay scale and more importantly , authority. Who's going to step up or to whom should this idea be directed ?.

krance

Forum User
VOC Member
Just a thought, while the VOC access negotiations are ongoing you might like to consider the British Motorcycle Charitable Trust membership that has museum access discounts. Entrance to Brooklands and Beaulieu used to be free, Beaulieu even gave free entrance to the whole family, but as always a minority of people took liberties by making copies of their membership and handing them out willy nilly and Beaulieu then restricted it to members only and ruined it for everyone. Anyway, since lockdown some of the 18 or so museums affiliated with the BMCT are still free to get in but the majority give a 50% discount to BMCT card holding members only and all for £20 a year membership.... just a thought..

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Hi, I think I may go with a few other owners from west London. True, not cheap - but the venue is impressive, great aircraft and other machines on show, plus you can take part - or watch - old bikes gunning up the Test Hill. Which is fun. Sometimes a bit of cash gets more than a pub carpark. David L

brian gains

VOC Member
Hi, I think I may go with a few other owners from west London. True, not cheap - but the venue is impressive, great aircraft and other machines on show, plus you can take part - or watch - old bikes gunning up the Test Hill. Which is fun. Sometimes a bit of cash gets more than a pub carpark. David L
alright for you movie mogul types, i'm from Yorkshire and have a reputation to maintain.
Staplefield show the other week, £1 entry, I balked at first but coughed up, excellent show.