FF: Forks Brampton Refurbishment

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We’ve all looked at your bring a trailer advert. The bike looks fairly original and has some nice components.

Do you need a hand with the forks?

Newelloldboys

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have for sale in excellent unrestored conditions a Series B Brampton fork. Also a complete restored Girdraulic fork for Series C. Located in Miami, Fl. USA. Price U$S7.000 each.

Attachments

• HRD Horquilla I.jpg
    HRD Horquilla I.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 21
  • HRD horquilla II.jpg
    HRD horquilla II.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 21
  • HRD Horquilla III.jpg
    HRD Horquilla III.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 23

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I would suggest a moderator places them in the for sale section of the forum for you. The price might be a bit high based on the last pair that was offered for sale here.

If you’re owning or working on Vincent’s I recommend you join the club and you’ll have members only access to the forum.

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Unrestored Bramptons are not worth USD$7,000 as they can cost up to £3,000 to get right. If the Girdraulics have been restored then by who? Do you have an invoice? What about all the other bits? Non member new user.... you need a bit of credibility to get those numbers.

Newelloldboys

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
We’ve all looked at your bring a trailer advert. The bike looks fairly original and has some nice components.

Do you need a hand with the forks?
Thanks for your comment regarding my 1948 Rapide at BaT, it started very easy after over 30 years. I want to sell also original unrestored Comet engines & gear boxes, gas tanks, oil tanks, these Comet restored parts (photos), plus a restored front fork series C, a complete wheel w/brakes, a unrestored Rapide magneto and some original small parts. All in Miami, I can ship.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Xx.jpg
    Xx.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 13
  • TT.jpg
    TT.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 14
  • VINCENT IV.JPG
    VINCENT IV.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 16
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 10
  • VINCENT.JPG
    VINCENT.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 9

Newelloldboys

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Unrestored Bramptons are not worth USD$7,000 as they can cost up to £3,000 to get right. If the Girdraulics have been restored then by who? Do you have an invoice? What about all the other bits? Non member new user.... you need a bit of credibility to get those numbers.
My Bramptom is perfect, it has the original paint, barely used, no need to be repair, I can provide more detailed photos, if needed. I have been collecting Vincents for over 40 years and I understand your concerns. The Comet parts (notice double plugs cylinder) in the photo, were restored by a famous Vincent restorer I will find out his name, later. I will post pictures of the other parts in the near future.

Albervin

VOC Member
My Bramptom is perfect, it has the original paint, barely used, no need to be repair, I can provide more detailed photos, if needed. I have been collecting Vincents for over 40 years and I understand your concerns. The Comet parts (notice double plugs cylinder) in the photo, were restored by a famous Vincent restorer I will find out his name, later. I will post pictures of the other parts in the near future.
Original paint on 70 year old forks= a problem.
I went through this thirty years ago with a veteran. At the very least there needs to be a de-rusting process and a re-coat. It is not all about the straightening but the strength of the steel. There are holes in the girder forks that let in moisture and so rust. The forks rust from the inside. Anyone familiar with aircraft maintenance will know the drill You state the parts were restored by a famous Vincent restorer but you do not know his name. Sorry....... my computer says delete.