Bought A Rapide B FINALLY!

Buzz Kanter

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am so excited to report I found and purchased a 1948 Rapide B. It is in very nice condition, well sorted and a strong runner. It was delivered tonight in the dark with the temperature dipping down to 17 degrees (freezing is 32). Not ideal circumstances, but HORRAY, I now own a Vincent. P1000861.jpg Now I need some spare time to study and learn all about it. Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement.
pencil.png

Last edited:

Shanghai

VOC Member
Congratulations. Now you also need to update your signature. ("Vincentless (but looking) in the USA")

deejay499

VOC Member
Great news Buzz. Welcome to being a Vincent owner. Only one small bit of advice - believe the speedo when you go for your first ride. At 30 mph, it feels like you could get off and walk alongside!
Cheers, DJ

Buzz Kanter

Non-VOC Member
Great news Buzz. Welcome to being a Vincent owner. Only one small bit of advice - believe the speedo when you go for your first ride. At 30 mph, it feels like you could get off and walk alongside!
Cheers, DJ

Thanks for the advice. Guess I need to get the speedometer fixed before my first ride.

And, now that I finally have a Vincent I have no plans of getting off and walking unless I run out of gas or other mechanical issues :)

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
I hope you will get as much fun as i have from from my rap. Remember it is 50 some odd years old!sometimes the s--it hit the proverbial fan! thats when you start to know your machine. and if you are lucky (or persistent) it may become a freind!