Bold Threads

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is it just me and my computer, or is there a glitch with the bold font on the thread titles not returning to the "un-bold" status having read the input? I kind of rely on this to know what I have read and what is a new response.
FWIW, it works OK on the 'thevincent.org' website. (This is not a 'political' dig - simply a technical fact that might help.... and suggests it's not just my computer).
If others have the same problem I'll send my findings to Phil Mahood and he'll hopefully get it fixed...

Peter B

vibrac

VOC Member
there has always been a logical difference between new posts and whats new
and i think its Hon editor not Phil who is your first port with a problem ... conformation anyone?

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I am only moderating, but will do what I can. What am I missing? The picture below shows the threads with things that I haven't read in bold and the threads with nothing new in normal font.
Do you use the 'What's new' button at the top bar?
The only problem with this software is that there are loads of ways into the same content and everyone seems to use it differently.

Threads.png

A_HRD

VOC Member
Pete,

I tend to stay on the 'Forums' tab then read new stuff from there. But I have just clicked on the 'What's New' tab and found loads of recent stuff that I haven't seen before!
Now, going back to the 'Forums' tab - the bold issue is now going back to 'un-bold', as it should, as I read new things.

Or to put it another way, you have completely solved my problem in one short post and I can't thank you enough!:D

Peter B

bmetcalf

VOC Member
When I saw the name of thread, I thought it might refer to Acme threads and I didn't think that there were any on a Vin.

Question to Vic: is there a metric version?

oexing

VOC Member
Bruce, actually I first had to look up what that name is - and no , we use the Trapezgewinde -trapezoidal thread. Acme appears to have some more meanings - which made me think about some mystery things and sure, Google pointed to Bugs Bunny clips I faintly remembered but I had no clue then.
But once again, for some strange reasons the American ACME thread got 29 degrees in the trapezoidal shape whereas the European standard is 30 degrees. This smells a lot of market protection as I cannot see a good reason for uneven numbers. Like so many weird things it appears to me the various trades made their business extra mysterious and unnecessarily complicated so no normal human being was able to see behind all that impressive handicraft - again trick job protection supported by trade unions . But I better refrain from digging deeper into histories in trades . . .

Vic

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
I had this problem a while ago.
I noticed that for unknown reason I was logged out so I logged in and problem went away.