Bob Dunn Electric Starter Clutch

Vic

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi , does anyone know what starter clutch Bob Dunn used for the Vincent twin . i have one on my bike and need a replacement. He appears to have used a GPZ900 starter motor but no idea what the clutch has come off. Picture below pinched off this site is the same as my twin.

Last edited:

Vic

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
p1030482-jpg.13258

andrew peters

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Looks like the arrangement I've seen on 80's Japanese bikes, trouble is what bike? once someone identifies it than it'll be easy. Starter clutches for even early Jap bikes are readily available. Allowed rummaging through the breakers yard is less of an opportunity nowadays and knowledgeable staff in those yards are rare... Someone will know what that part is though.. good luck!

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When I spoke to Bob about the parts used in the starter that came on a bored & stroked Comet that he had done, he told me that his starters used bits sourced from breakers yards and that he didn’t know the source machines. I replaced the 2 brush motor with a considerably more powerful 4 brush and as near as I could tell the sprag was from a SV650.