Bike For Sale on eBay...BEWARE - SCAM

G

Graham Smith

Tracey

I saw that one earlier on today, and was going to post something about it this evening, but you beat me to it.

If it really is that cheap, I'm first in the queue!

VinParts

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Scam?

As you are using my dad's name on what I think is a fake sale I thought that I would find out some info before I report you.
Email me a copy of one of your so called Ron Kemp invoices or I will report you to ebay.

I have just sent this, let's see if I get a reply.

Is it me or does the house in the background look like it should be in Spain:D

Russ

47Rapide

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
How interesting. These Ebay scams keep coming. After my bike was stolen on E:bay, it was near to impossible to get them involved in anyway. They have now been subpoenaed to provide evidence by the Arizona attorney general and FBI.

Even after the loss of my bike, the ad kept coming up again and again listed from china. I contacted E:bay many times to no effect. I even visited the Beijing office of Ebay on a business trip to China. Again no effect. The ads just dissapeared after a while.

By the way A Mr Clinton Van Sickle is in custody in Arizona and is wanted in two other states after they finish with him. That's one off the street.

rapcom

VOC Member
Scams

Funny how the crooked vendors do not have the imagination to use different descriptions in their successive attempts to sell the same bike over and over again. eBay item 110183710925 has exactly the same wording as eBay item 200160552047. The latter is said to be in Sudbury, Suffolk, while the former is in Crawley Sussex, but with a telephone number which decodes to Gwynedd, Wales.
I do hope that any prospective purchasers are not blinded by enthusiasm and are not duped by these scum. If only we could track them down...
Rapcom

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Ebay.

I have reported it to ebay, not that they will do a lot.

BTW Dick, what country was that pass in as I feel a trip coming on:D

Russ