E: Engine Big End Replacement

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
You see, You can do it all by EYE !!, Only mind your toes !, Anybody know what poor engine that crank goes into ?. Cheers Bill.

The box with the rod kit said Honda. I'm guessing from the size of the crank its from one of the 5 billion CB125's over there. It is amazing what they haul with those things. Wonder what folks would say around here if I drove by with 50 live chickens tethered to my 125. I would probably be incarcerated.

vibrac

VOC Member
The box with the rod kit said Honda. I'm guessing from the size of the crank its from one of the 5 billion CB125's over there. It is amazing what they haul with those things. Wonder what folks would say around here if I drove by with 50 live chickens tethered to my 125. I would probably be incarcerated.
I rode a bantam for years and nobody bothered:rolleyes:

Cyborg

VOC Member
I know it will vary from rod to rod, but does anyone know roughly how much the big end outer race shrinks when pressed into the rod? As in how much material must be honed out? .0005? .001?

clevtrev

VOC Member
I know it will vary from rod to rod, but does anyone know roughly how much the big end outer race shrinks when pressed into the rod? As in how much material must be honed out? .0005? .001?
Not quite as simple as that. The rod will probably give more the the sleeve. and because of the ribs on the outside the resultant bore will be barrel shaped.