ET: Engine (Twin) Big end lubrication article by Phil Irving

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The archives from Oz Vincent Review, including this article, have been preserved at the Lone Star Section site:

Thanks for that. If the thread wasn’t locked (and I don’t know why it would be) that link could be added to replace the one that doesn’t work. There is some good info in that thread. As for the article , he points out some interesting things, but it still leaves some questions unanswered, so it would be nice to have some further discussion assuming anyone else is interested.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks for that. If the thread wasn’t locked (and I don’t know why it would be) that link could be added to replace the one that doesn’t work. There is some good info in that thread. As for the article , he points out some interesting things, but it still leaves some questions unanswered, so it would be nice to have some further discussion assuming anyone else is interested.
The last post in that thread was mid 2022 so I have no idea why it was locked 18 months ago so I have just unlocked it so you can continue to post comments etc there.

DucATIRadeon

Non-VOC Member
i
I'm up for a discussion on that subject, have my rap crank apart now with alpha bearing and wear on the big end pin.

unfortunately as a non VOC member I don't have access to much on this site, the Lone Star link proved very informative!

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
unfortunately as a non VOC member I don't have access to much on this site, the Lone Star link proved very informative!
Its only £26 GBP per year to join as a digital member:

Digital members get to read the monthly magazine MPH online at the club's website or if you want a paper copy then membership is a bit more. This will also get you full access to the main website and also full access to this forum.

vibrac

VOC Member
I just looked at a B/E on a bit of a thinned down crank I have and that has a caged 9/16"X3/16" set of rollers,someone said that that is an Alpha big end

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
My cranck and pin, will be pressed up. And from cylinder mouth opening an adjustable balance factor.
1000027421.jpg
1000027520.jpg
1000028710.jpg

DucATIRadeon

Non-VOC Member
I just looked at a B/E on a bit of a thinned down crank I have and that has a caged 9/16"X3/16" set of rollers,someone said that that is an Alpha big end
could be me on the other forum. it turns out my crank has an Alpha big end:
crank fit in flywheels: 1"
crank pin diameter: 1.5" (38.1mm)
rollers: 18pcs per cage, ⅜" x 9/16" long (4.75mm x 14.3mm)
conrod eye inserts 1 ⅞" (47.6mm).