F: Frame AVO COIL OVER WANTED HELP PLEASE

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
PLEASE HELP, I need to buy an AVO coil over shorter version, AVO do not answer the phone and Google says they have shut down
I keep trying the phone number but cannot find an email address
Phone number is 01604 708101.
The D I just bought for myself will be no use to me if I cannot get one of these.
Any help or suggestions PLEASE
Kerry

timetraveller

VOC Member
The phone number is correct. A couple of weeks ago I tried phoning several times with no reply and then someone replied that they were only renovating old ones. A day or so later I got a reply to a phone call from the boss, Neil, who sold me what I wanted at once and it was delivered just over 24 hours later. I am of the impression that they are alive and well but maybe the person who normally answers the phone is not available. My advice is to keep trying the phone I do have some suspicions about the seat height that people worry about. I have the works prototype Knight and have never found the seat height a problem. I am 5' 8" tall on a good day and do not have unusually long legs. Once you are on them they settle quite a bit.

kerry

VOC Member
Thank you for reassurance, I have phoned 50 times today and will try again tomorrow, could not find an email address.
29" legs and 5ft 7" means I need it lower and when I fitted one to my last Prince it transformed the bike, so fingers crossed
I must get a lower coil over.
Kerry.

vibrac

VOC Member
Kerry
Its only 35 miles from Shefford and its a big factory with a good car park
I suggest you pop up there they have a counter

kerry

VOC Member
I was thinking of doing that, will keep trying on the phone first though, no answer yet this morning, bit of a worry !
Thanks
Kerry.

kerry

VOC Member
Still no answer and it says permanently closed, anyone got one please PC1590 D Coil/OVER REAR SHORT

I will keep trying, I don't want to drive 35 miles for nothing

1697703508631.jpeg

See photos
Map of Avo UK

1697703508679.jpg

See outside

Permanently closed

Permanently closed

kerry

VOC Member
I have spoken to someone who went to them this week and they are closed down.
I am trying to find a way round my problem and found out the spring poundage etc from Alan (appreciate that help) 275ib
The original part numbers were PC1590 and spring A9300 1.9"

This means no more front or rear adjustable dampers for C series available either

Kerry

Last edited: