• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

ET: Engine (Twin) Annoying 289 Carburettor Leak

Rob H

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Just managed to get the shadow together again. All the complicated work seems to have gone OK but I have an annoying leak from the bottom of the rear cylinder 289 carb. It is not from the petrol pipe connection but seems to be coming out from the large retainer which holds all the insides of the carb (internals, needle jet etc.).

i have replaced the large fibre washer but still seems to be leaking. Any ideas on what the problem may be would be much appreciated.

My only thought is that there is a problem with the fuel level but it doesn not seem to be flooding and has not been to pieces since the bike was last used.

Regs
Rob

poor1

VOC Member
Funny thing was. He never came back to check.
Cost me a new boiler. Which was put in the house.
I should have just turned it back on.
And took his silly sticker Off.
My father was about 95 when a gas man called and shut off his gas stove which was working ok and left him high and dry with no means of cooking. Never heard from him again either, but he actually cut the lead pipe and bent it over making it rather difficult to reconnect and never offered to suggest an alternative.. I'm sure people like this are few and far between and generally they do a very professional job with safety in mind. Sorry to rabbit on.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's the not knowing about such things, That's how they get away with it.
I had never had a House before !,
You worry about House Insurance etc, But life's a risk !.

vibrac

VOC Member
My father was about 95 when a gas man called and shut off his gas stove which was working ok and left him high and dry with no means of cooking. Never heard from him again either, but he actually cut the lead pipe and bent it over making it rather difficult to reconnect and never offered to suggest an alternative.. I'm sure people like this are few and far between and generally they do a very professional job with safety in mind. Sorry to rabbit on.
When Ron Kemp lived in Central Aylesbury the gas man called saying "I want to read your meter"
Ron (this is him to a tee) "You cant"
After a few more attempts the gas man called with a policeman in tow who insisted Ron allow the man in. The gas man searched high and low and finally said "where is you gas meter?"
"Haven't got one" said Ron, "if you had asked me that I would have told you"
Exit policeman and gas man arguing...

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories