Amal T3 GP2 Carburettors

passenger0_0

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I'm trying to source two Amal GP2 T3 clip mounted carburettors in 1 3/8" diameter for my race outfit. Preferably a new or very good used pair would be ideal but a miss-matched set of GP1 and GP2 would work as I only need the GP2 for the front cylinder. I've tried Amal but they only make flange mounted GP1 type. Any advice on who could supply the GP2 type would be much appreciated. Cheers David.

vibrac

VOC Member
Last time I was allowed a GP (Far to modern for Historic racing) I used a flange adaptor and a short length of water hose no vibration or heat that way either

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Update:
Had a nice email from CW of Auto-Cycle confirming that they cannot supply GP2's - so the search continues.......

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
The body looks very similar to 10 TT9 - I converted my flange fitting to clip fitting quite easily, used the standard Amal clip as well.
TTcarbclipconversion2.jpg
TTcarbclipconversion1.jpg
TTcarbclipconversion3.jpg

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Amal GP Carbs

Thanks Mike.
I actually found these earlier but didn't order as both the carburettor image and part number relate to T3GP1 which have a different pilot circuit to the GP2. Additionally the price was the same as Burlen Fuel's GP1's so it reinforced the thought they were the same thing.
I've ended up ordering two 1 3/8" GP2 from Andy Molnar but I apreciate your suggestion and findings. Interestingly on EBay these carbs occasionally come up but are usually well worn and sell for the cost of a new one so I'm not the only one having difficulty sourcing these specific types. Cheers David