Misc: Carburettors AMAL 276 front carb

wstowers

Forum User
VOC Member
Greetings, my 52’ RAPIDE engine has “B” Series carbs installed. I would prefer the front carb to have “outside” or “nearside” adjustment.
Is there a 276 with this ? And the best place to start looking for one?
Greatly appreciate the help,
Bill Stowers

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I just purchased one and I believe this is the correct number if that helps. Someone here can correct me if I’m wrong.
Someone may also come along and offer you one or you could post in the For Sale/Wanted section.

4B698A44-899E-4304-9F6A-F8C60CA2A4A9.jpeg
E0E0EBB5-B5B6-4FD3-821E-5B789F1E7B27.jpeg

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I have a whole box full of Rapide carbs, like maybe 20 of them. Give me until tomorrow and I'll go and troll through the box.

Cyborg

VOC Member
While you are looking, see if you can find a good 276 rear one for me please and thank you.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Richardson shows 276DQ/1DV for both B and C Rapides. I know the early Bs had an odd one.......

Just off to dig out the pile.

wstowers

Forum User
VOC Member
Richardson shows 276DQ/1DV for both B and C Rapides. I know the early Bs had an odd one.......

Just off to dig out the pile.
Hello Robert,

You are correct, 276 DQ / 1DV. my engine is F10 AB/1/8525, VOC sez that is a 52'. This engine came in a group of three engines that were then mated to frame assemblies. My frame was a Black Shadow, 54', engine where abouts unknown?

Thank you for your time and effort!

Bill Stowers

Robert Watson

VOC Member
There are 22 carbs in the pile, mostly Rapide but not all, one shadow and a few flanged one of various sizes.

For a front I have
1) 276 AU /1BE Nice body and internals. The AU is the internals setup of the carb and the 1 BE is the float. It has a 1DV float attached

2) 276 DQ body, I have many loose jet blocks/slides floats, caps etc so should be able to put together a decent carb

3) as above but brass body with terrible old chrome.

Not Ideal but could build a decent carb from parts. If this is of any interest next week (Very busy this week) I could sort through the pile and put something together

as for a rear Cyborg, the pile is more generous, there are several 276 CH/2DS and a couple of 276 CJ/2DS

Robert

wstowers

Forum User
VOC Member
There are 22 carbs in the pile, mostly Rapide but not all, one shadow and a few flanged one of various sizes.

For a front I have
1) 276 AU /1BE Nice body and internals. The AU is the internals setup of the carb and the 1 BE is the float. It has a 1DV float attached

2) 276 DQ body, I have many loose jet blocks/slides floats, caps etc so should be able to put together a decent carb

3) as above but brass body with terrible old chrome.

Not Ideal but could build a decent carb from parts. If this is of any interest next week (Very busy this week) I could sort through the pile and put something together

as for a rear Cyborg, the pile is more generous, there are several 276 CH/2DS and a couple of 276 CJ/2DS

Robert
Hello Robert,

I would like to have the DQ. I have the correct float. If you could please put together a nice DQ at your convenience I would appreciate it very much. I think Burlen has new slides if you can not find a good one, the jet block is the important part. I have the needle, needle jet, and main jet. Please let me know how to compensate you? I am in Minden NV. And you?

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Just sorting a big pile for the first local swap meet in 3-4 years and found some more.

Going to send a PM in a few minutes.

I am near Vancouver Canada