A cautionary tale

len.c

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A while ago I was offered a 1951 Comet, this Comet had been abandoned in Feb 1963, It was in a pretty rough state, but at the time it was just what I was looking for,and as it happened, me and the present wife were married in Feb 1963, so when I got it home and pointed out to the little lady (look dear it was last used in the same month and year we were married) I thought she would be impressed by the romantic aspect of it , But no, what she said was "it looks like a rough old ruin to me" the last thing I can remember for a while, was my mouth saying Yes dear but in 1963 you looked a lot better yourself, do you think my injuries were caused by something I said. I am pleased to say me and the Comet are doing well.

mr.hutch

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A while ago I was offered a 1951 Comet, this Comet had been abandoned in Feb 1963, It was in a pretty rough state, but at the time it was just what I was looking for,and as it happened, me and the present wife were married in Feb 1963, so when I got it home and pointed out to the little lady (look dear it was last used in the same month and year we were married) I thought she would be impressed by the romantic aspect of it , But no, what she said was "it looks like a rough old ruin to me" the last thing I can remember for a while, was my mouth saying Yes dear but in 1963 you looked a lot better yourself, do you think my injuries were caused by something I said. I am pleased to say me and the Comet are doing well.

Oh,dear, oh dear, the "distaff" still rules then, OK. :)