5" speedo trip reset retaining screw-er wot size?

vince998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry, I'd got my works hat on - we don't use anything smaller than M16. :)

I've just been looking through my box of TINY screws and there's nothing less than 2.4 mm dia, it hadn't registered with me just how small 11 BA (if that's what it is) is.

H

ps If it comes to it I know someone with a laser welder for repairing jewellery (seriously) so I can get a "blob of weld" put on it - way be a gold or platinum blob.

More likely to be the micro plasma process. (Similar to plasma but currents down to 0.5 Amps can be used. I´ve seen 2 copper cable strands (hardly visible to the eye)welded together by hand using this process.

Not wishing to kidnap this thread but on the same topic, does anybody know the thread size for the throttle friction and stop screws on the Amal (or is it Britax?) twin cable twistgrip bodies?

Last edited:

vince998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Without going out to the shed and measuring them, they are BA, 1Ba?

hi,
no, 1 ba is to coarse.
The screw i have is 0.214 (dec) or 5.4mm o/d with 40 tpi.
Metric it´s between 0.60 & 0.70 pitch (iso)
The only other 40 tpi threads i can find are 1/8 Whit (3.30mm), No4 ANC (2.65mm), No5 ANC (2.95mm), No6 ANF (3.7mm).
I have found some info on small dia Unified (in this case UNC) screws with 4 - 40 tpi, but again the dia´s are way to small.

I can´t find anything on metric fine threads, but the pitch is all wrong anyway?

I´m really stumped on this one.
Could it be that AMAL had their own pitch/dia patterns?