H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres 4LS Brake Wheels From Bernd Schmitz

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am looking for details to make my Vincent safe as possible on road runs.
I have seen this 4LS system on the web, but when I search this forum, nothing comes up.
This system looks fantastic.
https://www.thevincent.de/

Any advice?

8DLSBrakeWheel1.jpg

Last edited:

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Well, I can say that Bernd is a lovely bloke to deal with and the reports on his brakes fitted here in Awstrayleeah have been excellent. In my opinion they are the best way to go, or is that stop? The only trouble I have is that a set I ordered got to Frankfurt-am-Main airport on January 12th. and no further trace since. Bernd assures me this is DHL at their Teutonic best and they will probably be slid quietly to Hamburg or Rotterdam and be put on a ship, to arrive with me in two or three months. He must be a very trusting fellow, as he won't take payment until I receive the brakes. I'll let you know when I get them, folks.

davidd

VOC Member
Bernd does nice work. Pat Manning has the brake on his Series D and he likes it very much. The linings prefer to have some heat in them to work best, but the stopping is quite good.

David

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Just an update. I received my brakes, beautifully packed and with detailed instructions, today. Twenty days elapsed. There was a bit of a worry when they appeared stuck at Frankfurt airport, but no other problems. I assume there was a spare Fokker Tri-motor at the airport, not the first time one has flown to Australia.