PR: Proprietary Items 32mm info

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I had the same worry with my Mk2 s, I did not get enough riding in last year, Because of lots of reasons.
But when I found Club Shop had manifolds for 2 front heads and rubber mounts, Super job !.
For Slow me, It didn't take long. Cheers Bill.

Cyborg

VOC Member
I have decided that my problems stem from the position of the carb in that its not completely horizontal front to back and too close to ufm to be certain left to right so its a new intake to be fabricated. its a tricky job to get the bend and shape to fit under a standard tank and clear an air filter and doing that will take a slice of my riding program so as the 2020 is a new 600cc build I have taken the 32mm off and put the 28mm MIkuni from the Cooking Comet on and upped the main jet to 180 so I can get on with sorting everything else as it is I shall miss the Riders Rally:confused:
I shall also be fitting 32mm to a twin in the autumn so the information above will be a great help

Do you recall what pilot jet you used in that 28mm Mikuni?

vibrac

VOC Member
without stripping it I think the number 30 comes to mind (30,130?) certainly I upped the size by one from Allens (UK)recommendation that was made with a pancake filter on the Cooking Comet on this machine I have a torpedo filter I noticed no change. I should say while I had many miles previously on the 28 on that setting I have only a small mileage since refitting as the whole project is on ice from other problems (I did miss the riders rally and came to Annual rally on my trusty T****ph:oops:)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
For a manifold for the front, Or a Comet, I used a "D" Monobloc type, Opened it up for 1.3/16 T.T. Carb', For the L/ning, It was a bit thin!, So when I fell off at Oulton Park, It broke in half !.
Ron welded it up, And I have now cleaned it up for the next job, Just made a steel flange, With a short bit of
Car Exhaust pipe, And trimmed the Rib off the inside of the rubber, Where it goes over the steel pipe.
Cheers Bill.
DSCN0189.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

greg brillus

VOC Member
Bill, I see you've got one of those nice push button decompressors like the ones we had in the racer.......... They are very well made, and they worked very well. We're not using them anymore as we are now running twin plugs per cylinder............Cheers........... Greg.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Morning Greg They cost me a lot of money, I got 2, One for Ron's Comet, He can't get it to go with this setup.
Did you ever use one with a Kickstart ?.
I went to see him for a few days, But did not have time to play, We were doing a Big important job and had to nick the Petrol tank off his. Cheers Bill.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Sorry Bill, only on the electric rollers...........That 600 Norvin I built I used one of those Enfield decompressors with a cable to a small lever on the bars, and that worked very well using the kickstart. They are not expensive and actually much easier to use than the stock Vincent Comet lifter arrangement. That might be a better solution for you and your brother's bikes. Cheers...........Greg.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes, I think it's down to Kicker speed, My legs are longer than Ron's !.
I have those R.E.Ones, Did not like them.
If I am in trouble with a Comet, I have found a way of having another and another !! kick before the Flywheels stop, I know it's bad, But it's like an electric start, I don't stop till the begger starts.
If it kicks back, It will break something !!, Maybe my foot.
I have to go down there again, So maybe have time for a play, Can't see why it don't start.
Cheers Bill.