Tools I have loved

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
May as well show off my current favorite. About 20 dollars from Amazon and works with the computer through USB. Pictures are of the back interior of an oil tank I am cleaning and the Rapide gearbox through the dipstick hole. look up borescope or endoscope. This will save me some worries and the trouble of a manhole cover since the tank looks clean now.

Ron
gearbox.jpg
Snap_003.jpg
Snap_008.jpg

Albervin

VOC Member
After using a 1/4" Hex set screw and wire locking I ended up buying a modified G34 with Hex head from Terry Prince. Can still lock wire if required but mine is not moving
accidentally with a dab of Three Bond under the head. I bought a nice little borescope from Aldi that has an SD card and takes video and still pictures. Stuck it into front wheel through the speedo drive, spark plug hole, exhaust port, oil tank (of course), petrol tank to check sealer and gearbox oil filler. And that's just on the Rapide.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Well, the tool I love most, almost as much as my lathe, is my super-versatile Vert/Horiz Elliott Omnimill - now with DRO. About 60 years old and Made in London when Britain was 'Great'.

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
STILL WANTED: Series 'A' Front Frame.

P1050142.JPG
P1050136.JPG

A_HRD

VOC Member
John,

Knee is approx 15 inches, x axis a little more and y is about 8 inches. Perfectly adequate for my needs and plenty of room for large rotary table, etc. Peter

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Peter, Did you make those HRD Small chain case plates that were for sale at Netley ?, Must be nice to be able to make stuff like that, Top Job. Cheers Bill.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Bill,

I didn't see any at Netley. But I once made some for the A like the one on the left. Still got some knocking around somewhere....

The one on the right is an original B one for comparison - I didn't make any of those.

Also, there's a another shot of the Mill showing more of the knee for John - just after I'd spent a winter restoring it from a wreck.

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
STILL WANTED: Series A Front Frame.

P1010499.JPG
Omnimill - Restoration Complete - Jan 10 024.jpg

Colin

VOC Member
Bill John Hurt, one time Dorset member, and one time foundry owner (? employee) cast a number of these. I still have one, no holes, not cleaned up. Is Jonh still on the radar