Misc: Everything Else 'Orrible 'Andlin Comet

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Rather embarrassed, but in my defence "I didn't know it was Chinese".
New pressure gauge has a 50% success rate, back tyre was right but the front was only 18psi.
I suppose after building it from bits that hadn't previously been formally introduced, the last thing I suspected was professionally fitted brand new tyres and tubes.
Thanks for the help.
H

Chris Launders

VOC Member
That would certainly do it, just got back from a quick spin on my Norvin, felt ok apart from slow turning, 11psi in the back tyre might be the explanation.

Howard

VOC Member
That would certainly do it, just got back from a quick spin on my Norvin, felt ok apart from slow turning, 11psi in the back tyre might be the explanation.
Yes, the opposite of mine low at the back. I get that riding two-up ....................... I don't think the wife reads the Forum. :)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I got caught out a long time ago,
I bought a BMW K100 with nice looking tyres,
Cheap copy !, Could not judge the bends right, Had to allow a lot more road than I thought,
Really kept me on my toes !,
Then I spotted " 2 ply " on the sides, Not enough for such a heavy and powerful Bike,
New tyres, Money well spent.

kettlrj

VOC Member
Howard said at last nights club meeting that his new Chinese tyre pressure gauge was reading faulty and he only had 18 psi in the front tyre. Moral, be wary of cheap crap from China.
All the best Richard

Howard

VOC Member
Howard said at last nights club meeting that his new Chinese tyre pressure gauge was reading faulty and he only had 18 psi in the front tyre. Moral, be wary of cheap crap from China.
All the best Richard
What makes you think it was cheap? It had an AA logo on the packaging. :confused: Probably Alcoholics Anonymous.

ossie

VOC Member
I've got a Comet (just put together from various sources :confused:) with a weave and a tendency to fall into right handers. I'm just going through the usual suspects wheel/head bearings, bent frame, wheel alignment etc.

Any offers for extra checks?

H
is the screw in the steering damper holder loose in the frame ie no threads on the end part in the steering head.[[ its ment to be loose.]]

brian gains

VOC Member
What makes you think it was cheap? It had an AA logo on the packaging. :confused: Probably Alcoholics Anonymous.
Like my Michelin foot pump purchase, surely they wouldn't endorse carp?, 3 months later 8(
re handling, stupid question but, all frame/ motor bolts tight etc.