E: Engine magneto bearings

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When repairing spun out bearing locations I have had good results with Devcon. It's like a two part putty which when it goes off can be machined back to the original size. The front wheel bearings in my racing triton were done at least 35 years ago. Still ok now.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
When repairing spun out bearing locations I have had good results with Devcon. It's like a two part putty which when it goes off can be machined back to the original size. The front wheel bearings in my racing triton were done at least 35 years ago. Still ok now.
Roy, Can you tell us who sells it . Cheers Bill.

greg brillus

VOC Member
I would give the insert about a half a thou interferance and press it in cold. As Chankly said.......heat can damage the magnetism, but you could heat to engine operating temp at least say 100 deg Celsius. But it is only a small housing with very little alloy material in reality. The new bearing and insulator should press in quite easily, if the interference is too much it will guillotine the petals off the insulator cup, don't forget the seal, and use a light smear of bearing fit loctite. Good luck.............Greg.