Comet suspension

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just a thought (I'm down to one per week these days) - Has anyone had a tankslapper with a hydraulic damper fitted? I don't remember seeing a post from anyone who has.

H

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I wish you had not had this one, Howard,!! I think DavidD has already told us, But I put it to the back of my mind,!! Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
Just a thought (I'm down to one per week these days) - Has anyone had a tankslapper with a hydraulic damper fitted? I don't remember seeing a post from anyone who has.

H

The damper on my bike certainly slowed the frequency, enough so I could hold the bars and that I believed I could ride it out. The next thing I remember is lying on the track with the wind knocked out of me. Broken ribs were the only physical damage to me.

David

John Emanuel

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The damper on my bike certainly slowed the frequency, enough so I could hold the bars and that I believed I could ride it out. The next thing I remember is lying on the track with the wind knocked out of me. Broken ribs were the only physical damage to me.

David
Am I right in thinking that you have also altered the llinkage to allow the front wheel to move up and back? If so, did the tankslapper happen before or after the alteration? Also could you let us know which steering damper you were using?
Best wishes
John

Howard

VOC Member
For some reason these links won't take me straight to the photos, but if you copy and paste them into google tax dodgers they work well.

H

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello John Emanuel/Hadronuk, Been trying to find a bit from early last year, Have you seen/You might like, If you search on forum, " Revolutionary New Forks " Put on the Forum by Youngjohn, Cheers Bill.