C: Clutch Ball bearing clutch pushrod device..

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I think that Bill makes a good point. I did not know until a few years ago that Vincents used to balance their clutch shoes to help them to free off at high revs. Has anyone ever tried this. I imagine that quite a lot of lead is required in the one which has the pivot near to one end.
I think "Mercurycrest" Told us how he did it on his racer, But I didn't have time to try it, I hate having a bike off the road, In case I miss a good day. Cheers Bill.

tatty500

Non-VOC Member
Greg,

Apart from the slight twist of C13 on the big nut C20, all the parts are rotating together with the mainshaft. Loctite might be a good lubricant for the race!

The rubbing takes place at the other end, and might be needed to stop the parts so that first might be engaged quietly.

Too much travel can cause a spring to become coilbound in my twin. This can tilt the plate with the standard set-up....so more slack is better with the proviso that when stinking hot in traffic there is sufficient movement left.

Tatty

Sirs,

I've just re-read my post and realise how crass it was. Sorry.

I understand how a not square lifting primary can be cured by the flat face lifter, and better with a race here to eliminate unscrewing of the big nut, and was thinking of the nearest to solid non-fling stuff. Why I suggested progressing to actual solid I can't explain.

Sorry again

Tatty

medat727

VOC Member
Put one in my recently rebuilt twin a few months ago, the motivation was a heavy clutch at the lever, this modification not only cured the heavy clutch but made the motion smooth as silk. Best $100 ever spent on my Vincent.