C: Clutch Ball bearing clutch pushrod device..

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does anyone have experience with the clutch push rod with the ball bearing at it’s outer end, designed to offer square lifting of the clutch outer plate?
Is it a simple replacement of the original items, and does it work as well as it looks like it might?

timetraveller

VOC Member
If it is my mod you are talking about then the thrust race has needle rollers in a cage, not ball bearings. I will leave it to others as to whether it works or not.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Thanks...My clutch got progessively grabbier recently, I thought I might fit this mod while I had it apart to investigate...

timetraveller

VOC Member
Wait until you have had some feedback and if it is positive PM me and I can send you one. Alternatively the Spares Company sells them but they have to make a profit.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Originally I made one for myself from a machined down Mini valve. I did not think that was good enough to sell to other people when I was asked to provide some. Hence the design which uses something a little more sophisticated. It might be helpful if we could have photographs of the two items suggested to allow us to decide just what they are.

greg brillus

VOC Member
How does that thrust bearing set up get any lubrication, or is it meant to run dry. I would like to come up with a change to the ring/spring plate to make adjustment of the springs possible, like most other clutches. But I think the design makes that quite difficult.

timetraveller

VOC Member
The thrust race is recessed into a replacement for the C26 nut. It is lubricated with non fling grease and the reason for it being recessed into the new C26 is so that if any grease is thrown out it still sits inside the nut. The Spares Company has had about 200 - 300 of these off me so there should be a large number of people who could give feedback. All feedback to me has been wholly positive but if there is any negative feedback then this is a good place to put it so that we can all learn from it.