What Kind of Ignition To Buy For My Twin, Need Suggestions

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi there Bernd, The Ignitech and/or other igntions systems like it are brilliant........especially on a race engine where you have the ability to tune it to whatever you want.......including an adjustable rev limiter........on the single racer, I have no magneto gear or small idler gear at all........the trigger is via a chopper disc mounted into the crank pully for the primary drive........you can use the normal type "Ducati or similar" pickups....but i use a hall effect electromagnetic switch pickup.......this is mounted on a slotted bracket so you can adjust the static timing......after that it is all down to the program that you can change very easily on your lap top.......I run separate single outlet coils per spark plug for best uninterupted ignition.......it is simply set and forget.......you can strobe time it with the plugs out and spin the rear wheel.........timing marks on the crank pully show dead accurate timing spot on........I run a fairly small lithium battery under the seat hump, and with a full charge it lasts all weekend of racing without much power drain at all.......With that plus the 40mm Keihin CR racing round slide carby with the extra Dellorto SS1 float bowl grafted alongside the carb body, the whole ignition and carburetion issues are all too easy.......this on methanol of course.......15:1 comp and so on........Cheers......Greg.