E: Engine What Carburettor are you using on your racing Comet?

Ben Langton

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well everyone I thought I ought to finish the thread with some good news. I’ve been tinkering with the bike on and off since I got it (when time allowed). Fine tuning and getting everything working that little bit better has been a learning curve (my first Vincent). The good news is I took it out for a ride and it’s much improved at the low cruising speeds needed for the road (was always good revved up). I must have changed the timing, 4 times making my own wheel and tool to do the job which with the carb changes has really improved the ride throughout the Rev range. I’ve played with tyre pressures and set the front brake up. I designed and made my own side stand which tucks away very nicely so I can actually stop when I get places now I have the confidence to take it out more. I’m so pleased and very much enjoying riding it now.
I must say a big thankyou to you all for your help and support and especially Bill, David and Marcus. Your passing of knowledge and patience to a “youngster” willing to learn has been admirable.
Here’s my youngest Toby, just turned 4 who ran out to meet me after the first ride out when all dialled in.
57302049-A694-4D34-A364-8FA196DFD082.jpeg