Welcome to new Forum Website member, William Edgar

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@William Edgar - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

William Edgar

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
31 January 2023. Hello to all members of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website. I'm William Edgar, surviving son of John Edgar who ordered and purchased from the factory what became the first Black Lightning and motorcycle that Rollie Free speed record-rode while stretched flat out at Bonneville on September 13, 1948, for a 2-way average speed of 150.313 mph. I am a career motorsport journalist and have written much about the JEL's (John Edgar Lightning's) history, and was, for a period of years, legal owner of the JEL through inheritance from my father following his death in January 1972. I am now glad to be here on this forum as a contributor to it and its enthusiast readers interests. Thank you, William.

William Edgar

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you. Indeed, I do know a thing or two, and more, about the John Edgar Lightning. Such as how hard it was to kick start. And how easy to hit triple digits on California's Pacific Coast Highway on a fresh new morning's sortie. I am glad there is so much interest in that particular Vincent.