Welcome to new forum website member, Tigris

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Tigris - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine although I'm coming to the twilight years of riding it has been a reliable beast and it still gives me a buzz when I'm on it, had it at 17 in 1964 so it doesn't owe me much and has kept me entertained and has introduced many life long friends around the world.
bananaman.

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I will second Marcus's comments, Marcus rescued me in Looe, Cornwall in 1966 when my clutch packed up 230 miles from home, we have been close friends since that day, both still riding the same Vincents, along with others that we are fortunate enough to own, long may it last. I am not sure that I would agree that we are in our twilight years of riding, getting there maybe, but I would agree that we can look back on our halcyon days of riding our chosen steeds, what a wise choice we made when we were little more than kids really.

I should add our meeting was a bit like divine intervention, no rescue phone calls or anything like that took place, I broke down without any traction from my clutch, and at that exact moment Marcus rode through Looe High Street on his Rapide, saw me stationary in a garage forecourt, and in effect rescued me, fixed my clutch and improved other stuff too, I seem to remember his first words to me were "have you got a problem boy"

Last edited: