Welcome to new forum website member, thwaites brow_sr

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@thwaites brow_sr - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

thwaites brow_sr

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you for the welcome and hello Vincent community! Well, I have inherited a Vincent 1949 series B in parts from my late father David Smith. Dad was a career mechanical engineer so fettling a series of classic bikes in his retirement gave him great pleasure. A Triton, Moto Guzzi le mans, and rescued from the field to a best in show 1938 Francis Barnett to name a few. Sadly dad ran out of time to complete the Vincent so that is my goal and tribute. As far as we can tell dad either fabricated or bought everything required and I have been put in touch with Peter Volker to help rebuild it. I have finally found a customs agent who is able to help the outward processing documentation I need to exit the UK in parts and return as a built bike. I ride but am no mechanical engineer so may yet seek the guidance of this community too and of course look forward to riding it too. I live on the doorstep of the Yorkshire Dales so great roads are not far away. Roll on spring for those in the northern hemisphere...cheers, Chris