Welcome to new forum website member, Terry Paxton

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Terry Paxton - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Terry Paxton

Forum User
VOC Member
@Terry Paxton - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?
Bought a Vincent Comet in 1978 for the princely sum of $650aud and always thought I would pick up a twin motor and get past the taunt of "riding around on half a Vincent". That never happened but after a recent diagnosis of throat cancel and subsequent pretty harrowing treatment period I was browsing ebay, possibly in a Chemo fog, and there was a 54 C Series Rapide with my name on it. Being a miserable bugger I knew if I spent that much money on a bike there was no way I was going to die before clicking up a lot of miles in it! Yesterday was the first decent ride on the Beast.

I believe I am owner number 4 of the twin and owner number 3 of the faithful comet. I would be very interested in tracking down the family of the original owner of the Rapide and putting together a brief history of the bike and perhaps the VOC could put me in touch with a contact in the Australian VOC to assist in this investigation. A friend in Cuba with a Black Shadow somehow tracked down copies of factory documents such as the test ride form for his bike and I was hoping the club may be able to assist in finding such documents for the Comet and the Rapide. I have been told though there is a gap in such records for bikes with engine numbers over 10,000.

I guess thats enough from me for now

Attachments

• 20201031_114014.jpg
    20201031_114014.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190129_170234.jpg
    20190129_170234.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 22

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Morning Terry, Not sure if you have to be a full member of the Vincent owners Club,
To get the info you want.
Good Luck and Many Miles, Cheers Bill.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Terry
As VOC Machine registrar I am custodian of the original Vincent factroy records and also the Machine database contains ownership info of bikes and club members going back to 1948, assuming they have told the club as not all members do.
I can look up your bikes in the factory records but first I will require clear photos of the engine number, crankcase mating number and both UFM & RFM frame numbers to confirm the numbers as its amazing how many owner misquote numbers. You can send a message by going here and also attached photos and it will be sent to both myself and Jon Lambley the Machine Researcher who has access to the same database as myself. Or you can email either of us.

Simon

Terry Paxton

Forum User
VOC Member
Terry
As VOC Machine registrar I am custodian of the original Vincent factroy records and also the Machine database contains ownership info of bikes and club members going back to 1948, assuming they have told the club as not all members do.
I can look up your bikes in the factory records but first I will require clear photos of the engine number, crankcase mating number and both UFM & RFM frame numbers to confirm the numbers as its amazing how many owner misquote numbers. You can send a message by going here and also attached photos and it will be sent to both myself and Jon Lambley the Machine Researcher who has access to the same database as myself. Or you can email either of us.

Simon
Thank you Simon. I will get some photos to you very soon. Cheers