Welcome to new Forum Website member, Pete X

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Pete X - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Pete X

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome.

My parents were into bikes all their lives, Vincents in particular, they were also keen photographers.
I'm now sorting the old photo albums and will try to post up the bikes as I go.
Many of the photos will have been taken around Tyneside where they lived all their lives, apart from regular trips touring most of Europe on various bikes.
They also raced a Norvin kneeler for many years at the local Croft circuit, and a good friend of theirs had a Triton / Norvin until the 1980s.

First is Comet CBR355 photos https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/threads/comet-cbr355-from-the-family-album.18990/

I'll add more photos as I find them, it's slow going as there are a huge collection of slides, prints, photos to browse then scan.

1968? Me on the race outfit at Gateshead - I started riding bikes when I was young and have no intentions of stopping anytime soon :)
IMG_20230112_0012.jpg

Don't be shy if you recognise anything / anybody or have any questions.

Last edited:

Pete X

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I don't have particular dates for most of the bikes they owned unless I see something on the photos I'm sorting.

Working with the dates I do know :
They were born early 1930's so will have started riding by the late 1940's
The bike history started with Matchless & Norton ( until very late 1940's / early 1950s?)
Then onto Vincent,
They would have had the single (and started racing)? before they moved onto the twins.

I recognise the house & gardens in some of the photos from the early 1960s.
They had the racing outfit while they were there but if the road bikes were there it was only for the first couple of years.
So their road Vincents covered the dates early 1950's to the early 1960's

It's all guesswork ( and judging by the size of the prints over the years) but I'd say :
Singles from early 1950's to mid/late 1950's
Twins from mid/late 1950's to early 1960s.
Racing outfits from early/mid 1950's to early 1970's

Hope that helps, if it jogs anyone's memory about other photos they've seen in the past - let me know.

Thanks for the interest

Pete X

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Photos added for Rapide LNE936

Last edited:

Pete X

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Photos added for Norvin Twin MGF942

Pete X

Forum User