Welcome to new forum website member, Jim Steinborn

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Jim Steinborn - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
Jim Steinborn joined the Vincent HRD Owners Club yesterday and is from Colorado, USA.
Ron Thomas.

Jim Steinborn

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you Ron, and other VOC members.

As I'm sure is true for many other members, I've had a decades-long fascination with the Vincent marque - fueled in no small part by Peter Egan's articles in Cycle World. In the days when Vincents were reasonably affordable, I didn't have the resources to own one, so I set that aside and rode other - more modest - machines. A few decades later, my situation has changed, and Vincent ownership is no longer an impossibility.

A good friend of mine in the Lone Star section has just recently purchased a Vincent of his own, and that has inspired me to get more serious. I will likely spend the next couple of years researching and learning more about Vincent intricacies, then start a search for a suitable machine. In the meantime, I will have to content myself with riding my SOBs.

Jim
Fort Collins, CO

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Remember that Egan wasn't up to mastering the mysteries of Vincent ridership and sold his. I'm very sure that you are made of sterner stuff and will soon be enjoying riding one.

Jim Steinborn

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Remember that Egan wasn't up to mastering the mysteries of Vincent ridership and sold his. I'm very sure that you are made of sterner stuff and will soon be enjoying riding one.
Let's hope!

In Peter's writings for both Cycle World and Road & Track, he never seemed to keep anything for very long. I suppose if he did, he'd probably have had much less to write about ;-)