Welcome to new Forum Website member, GrahamH

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@GrahamH - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

GrahamH

New Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks kindly for the welcome.

I'm based in the Santa Cruz Mountains in California, USA.

Bikes:
* Rapide B: F10AB/1/3** (We thought this was a '48, but the serial number suggests it's a '47).
* 51 Comet C, F5AB/2A/75**

My father, Derek, has been riding Vincents since the early 1950's when he was a teenager. The Comet was his second motorcycle and first Vincent - he used it to commute to Armstrong Whitworth where he was an apprentice. He sold it in about '53 and upgraded to a Black Shadow before he sold that and moved to North America. In the 1990's he relocated the Comet, bought it and imported it back to the US.

I found the Rapide for sale in 1989 in a classified ad in the LA Times when I was going to college. Dad came to see it and picked it up.

Dad is in his late 80's and a bit past riding Vincents safely, so the bikes have been stored unridden for about a decade. I've taken on the task of getting them back up and running. I've found a local shop that will work on them with me to tackle some of the trickier work, but I'll be doing some of the revival myself. Lots of learning and wrenching to do! I'll get some good pictures when they're back up and running.

Dad's also got a BSA and a Norvin that will be going through the revival process after the Vincents.

Cheers,

-Graham