Welcome To New Forum Website Member - barrie

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@barrie - welcome to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is far more than just an online forum - we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Bartarie

Forum User
VOC Member
Ahh LOL,

I just jumped right into making a new project page:

10349141_708249152565164_4816600053674781097_n.jpg

My name is Barrie, from the Netherlands. 34 Years old, and a tech/bike enthousiast as long as i can remember. Started in my youth with mopeds and a JAWA 350 twin, to "race" around our place. (Parking lot of our Partycentre). My parents where most of the time busy, and had no motorcycle pedigree.

Got my drivers license pretty fast, and rode for years Yam FZR600 and R6. Until it became dangerous, and i was invited to do a 4 hour endurance 50cc race on Croix en Ternois (France). Because of my twostroke knowledge i began 50cc Road racing, first national and later on international (Freetech 50cc). Which i was pretty good at, both in building the bikes and racing them.

270354900_4918193018237402_7885681516758875699_n.jpg

2018 i got home with an 4 year ongoing burn out, so i stopped road racing.
Last year i sold a bike i was building in parts, to fund a Comet engine. And hope to get my hands on a twin engine some time in my life.
This year i started again working for 16 hours, as a Welder, Turner, Miller, and CAD drawer at a local machine shop/factory. With great pleasure.

At home i do have my own "Hobby shop" including a CNC mill (Bridgeport VMC460) and a Hembrug Lathe.

Done all kinds of crazy stuff in the past, like building my own HIFI. From Moving coil cartridge to Speakers and making my own turntable.
But also made meself a Watch, the list goes on.

Because of my autism im not the most social person, but when the topics are right im unstoppable. No small talks :).

If you would like to know more about me, feel free to reply or shoot me a private message :).

Barrie

Last edited: