Vincent Rapide…sold

andrew peters

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
BaT was a waste of time
Well done Bob, we, a couple Vancouver section guys, were talking about your ‘efforts’ to sell on BAT.. we think you were unlucky this season as so many other Vincents had been listed in recent months, even though a couple had not sold.. We figured much of the ‘Vincent money’ was spent this season. Then even today a very correct and beautifully restored early B sold for USD65k.. that’s a low price I’d say, especially from Keith’s Big D Cycle … The ‘proper’ money bikes need a lot more detail to be right on BAT.. there is plenty of time to consider what’s good or bad, plus a few worthwhile comments outnumbered by a less than helpful peanut gallery. BAT listings in Canada often are needlessly handicapped by a border crossing but I often think the stronger US (I should say ‘weaker’ Canadian ) dollar is a big factor.. Saying that I was sad to be outbid on a Guzzi MK1 Le Mans that was bought new in my town in 1976.. my maximum bid was I thought high enough but with a plus 30% exchange rate put the bike out of my reach, at least by my valuation.. that bike, like yours unfortunately needed money spent to get it right also..
Anyway, you sold your bike, so you can move on.. your input will be missed by many, not so much by a few.. haha

Alyson

VOC Member
Sorry to see you leave the forum Bob, we will miss you. Glad to hear your Rapide sold, albeit finally. Hope you got somewhere what you wanted, and good luck in your future endevours. And, Merry Christmas to you and yours, and a Very Happy New Year too !! Alyson

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I have sold my Rapide. I will not be renewing my membership in the V.O.C, though I shall miss the regular interaction with those friends whose acquaintance I had the pleasure of making over the years.
Bob,
good to see it finally sold. Who ever got it will be very happy as it was a good machine.
Sad to see your leaving the club but people move on. Will you remain on here?
Cheers
Jon

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Well done Bob hope you are healed and happy.
Sorry to see you go from the forum hope you got a better offer than mine.
I still have the paddling pool filled with baby oil.
Al

Jim Bush

VOC Member
Hi Bob. glad you are able to finally move on. I know your last few years with the Vin have been somewhat traumatic. Enjoyed the few visits and conversations. All the best.
JIM