Ted Davis

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am looking for any photos of Ted Racing his (replica) lightning and Watsonian sidecar he raced1952 53 54 Silverstsone Boreham Snetterton Brands hatch Castle coombeThruxton where he had many wins,

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
TedDavisoutfit.jpg

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
thank you very much as you know I worked at vincent and like most of us in such a small group knew Ted George brown and John Surtees very well as we eat our lunch and dranks Mrs. Legget canteen tea I had completely forgot the Canterbury chair most of Teds goods rides were the Watsonian chair his passenger Ernie Allen I think still lives in London was in to expensive car spares imports perhaps John Wright may know of him sorry (Alan Wright)

Last edited:

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
this bike has just been obtain by the Bowen Family and we hope will be seen at next years VOC series A and sidecar rally at Caddington Ted sold the bike to Verrals in 1980 and the family that owned it has only displayed it once at a Brands Hatch John Surtees charity event,

Ernie Allen

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
thank you very much as you know I worked at vincent and like most of us in such a small group knew Ted George brown and John Surtees very well as we eat our lunch and dranks Mrs. Legget canteen tea I had completely forgot the Canterbury chair most of Teds goods rides were the Watsonian chair his passenger Ernie Allen I think still lives in London was in to expensive car spares imports perhaps John Wright may know of him sorry (Alan Wright)
I know Ernie very well. I’m sitting here now having lunch with him. He now lives within Dorset at the grand old age of 95