Sparks advice required

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As i am no longer using my Lucas Red Eye ammeter for the risk of it being nicked, what is the best way to wire in a ignition warning light to run with my 2 wire alternator and the standard ammeter? I have a habit of leaving the ignition on and naffing the battery. A nice drawing would be great. Thanks John Cone

b'knighted

VOC Member
eBay item numbers 321528279082 - 191221422730 - 200537742279 - 200826330214are all similar devices at lower prices. I have used the AO BSMs on several Vins so know they are OK. These others look much the same.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I've been using the battery voltage monitor sold at www.sparkbright.co.uk
The brightness of the LED automatically adjusts to light levels, low for nightime, medium for a cloudy day, bright for a sunny day. There is no extra wiring for the autodim feature, it is built in.
The flashing light of the monitor immediately let me know there was a problem with the generator when out on tour this spring, very helpful.
Glen

John Cone

VOC Member
Thanks guys, will order one today. Might look into the possibility of using the 5mm one and putting it into the ammeter.

vibrac

VOC Member
E
Yes this was said tongue in cheek, but in todays world when things are no longer available, why take the risk. A mate of mine had his red eye taken from his Sunbeam M/c. while at a show.
everything is available from China.. eventually

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
"everything is available from China..eventually"

I like Rockport shoes but they tend to be a bit pricey. Spotted some new Rockports on ebay in my size, very good price. Very happy with the purchase, only thing is the labelling, which says "Rockpork" rather than "Rockport":)
My wife is fearful that I will start buying "preowned" shoes on ebay nexto_O

Glen