Shameless Self Promotion

everiman

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Stuff you might not know about e-books.
Lots of great titles available, including the lowest price for best sellers, plenty motorcycle books including Vincent related titles and even a book by me.

Kindle e-books can be read on a smart phone, PC, android tablet, i-pad, laptop, using the free kindle ap. There is also a kindle reader, but you don't need one if you are reading this on a PC or a device you own.

Many are free, including my book about my South America motorcycle trip, free from Feb 1 to 5 2023, so whatcha waiting for? Spoiler alert, I did not do it on my Comet :-(

To see my book go to an amazon site and paste "Discovering America Erik Schmidt" in the search bar. Sorry if this offends, I did not write the book for money, I just thought it was a cool story, and this was the easiest way to share it.

Magnetoman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
OK, since we're making shameless plugs for Amazon books, I claim without any fear of contradiction that the following is by far the most complete manual in existence for restoring a 1928 Ariel.

It was published in November and, amazingly to me, has sold more copies than the number of 1928 Ariels that must exist. Although, of course, that sets a pretty low limit...

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Hmm, I see it at US $500 on Amazon. When buying it second hand and paying that kind of money, make sure the audio CD with the recordings in Rollie’s voice is included.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
What about one from a guy with his name in the credits and signed to him by both the author and the publisher, gotta go for at least 10 bucks!

Magnetoman

VOC Member
On the subject of books on Amazon...
Also on the subject of Amazon, if you click on 'More Buying Choices' for my Gold Star book you'll see that in addition to the choice of paying $74.99 for a new copy from Amazon, you have the choice of paying over $110 for used copies of the identical book, one of which is only in "acceptable" condition. At times I've seen my Gold Star book listed by sellers for over $500 on the Amazon site even though it's always been in print and available new from Amazon itself.

Clearly, there's a scam involved with these offers at greatly inflated prices, but I don't know what the scam is. Perhaps it gives the seller a tax write-off when it doesn't sell?

Gold Star_Amazon.jpg

Also available on eBay for more than the list price:

Gold Star_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

LoneStar

VOC Member
There are Ebay sellers who deliberately list at insanely inflated prices, as a business model. It costs nothing to list, and the occasional fool stumbles by and buys something - generating big profits. In the classic bike parts field, Flashback is known for this.