Misc: Everything Else Series 'D' Series D extended handle bar muffs

tom wilson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am thinking of fitting extended handle bars to my Prince. Who is making the extended muffs, or does anyone have the moulds I could borrow to get some made? many thanks in advance

kerry

VOC Member
I bought and fitted a set last year, perfect quality, much better than the short ones and the Gentleman who sells them is exactly that, a real helpful Gentleman. actually look better too.

tom wilson

VOC Member
I have now ordered a pair of extended muffs from Rapcom, I can second the above comment Rapcom is a gentleman and more. I would suggest if anyone else is looking for extended muffs they contact him ASAP, as the fibre glasser will be filling our order soon, it is better for him and Rapcom to get a batch made, rather than the single order.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeC

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I made contact with Rapcom same day as I noticed the original post, my order is also in for a pair of extended Muffs and Rapcom has been of great help, not only in this but some great tips over the phone for living with my D.

kerry

VOC Member
One extra tip perhaps to note, If you are short like me you can fit an Avo rear coil over, safes weight and improves ride and can lower the seat height well over an inch, but still gives greater travel than the original, then you may want to lower the centre stand too, as the back wheel will then be higher of the ground. If you do lower the stand it make it a little higher on the right so in operation it very slightly leans toward you on the left, makes it ever unlikely to fall over as you are in better control particularly with your slightly wider bars too. These Princes give a really nice ride once you get used to the screen. At 5ft 7" on mine I can sit with both feet on the ground.

MikeC

Active Forum User
VOC Member
One extra tip perhaps to note, If you are short like me you can fit an Avo rear coil over, safes weight and improves ride and can lower the seat height well over an inch, but still gives greater travel than the original, then you may want to lower the centre stand too, as the back wheel will then be higher of the ground. If you do lower the stand it make it a little higher on the right so in operation it very slightly leans toward you on the left, makes it ever unlikely to fall over as you are in better control particularly with your slightly wider bars too. These Princes give a really nice ride once you get used to the screen. At 5ft 7" on mine I can sit with both feet on the ground.
Yes, I'll do that - any mods required or does it fit right in?

kerry

VOC Member
The Avo coil over should go in with no problem, I have fitted 3, only one had to be reamed slightly. Depending on your height and weight you will have a couple of options on spring strength.
Good luck.
Kerry.

John Cone

VOC Member
I have an AVO on the front of the Prince and a SPAX shock on the rear. I have had the bike 30+ years and have not had any handling problems. When the rear wheel sits on level ground the rear wheel is about an inch off the floor.