Rolls Royce Automotive study in MPH

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In true Vincent fashion I am going on a tangent here. A few years ago several motorcycle riders descended a local pass with dead engines (before the days of the dreaded BMW electronic assist brakes). Of course there was a certain amount of skill and bravery involved but the winner(s) were all the shaft drive bikes with (relatively) narrow tyres. Of course it was nothing like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWLbu1wIIEo

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
In 1982, I had to go down a racetrack downhill daily to and from work. This was near Minden, North-Rhine-Westfalia, Germany. Of course, I knew my way, every inch of it. At that time, I had a Yamaha SRX600, single cyl.- bike. One Friday,
I started my bike, knowing, that I hadn´t much fuel left in the tank. No wonder, after some 150 yds., my engine stopped and I had to continue down this racetrack with my engine at standstill. As I knew, I could always reach the fuelstation down there, I enjoyed my ride like usual and let go. Being busy bettering my laptime, I suddenly passed a policecar on radar and was
flashed. Later, at the fuel station the two officers met me there and were wondering, how silent my engine was running!
The stopped me at 85 mph, in town! It would cost my licence, nowadays!