Where Are You Now? PYE714 - The last 'C' Black Shadow

mad25

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If any of the members know of the whereabouts of the 1955 C Shadow (PYE714), I'd love to hear from you. I sold this bike at auction many years ago after my late father, Don Brown, passed away. Dad was with the original owner when he took delivery from Jack Surtees' shop, and I would love to know if it is in safe hands.
Cheers
Nigel Brown

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I pretty certain I know the current owner, same person that purchased the bike from Bonhams a few years back, I am pretty certain it was purchased on the same day as a Series A Rapide, and am in touch with the aforesaid person, but I would not put his name out there for all to see. If you would care to send me a private message with your contact details I could forward them to the current owner, whether he chooses to make contact with you would be up him.
Peter

mad25

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I pretty certain I know the current owner, same person that purchased the bike from Bonhams a few years back, I am pretty certain it was purchased on the same day as a Series A Rapide, and am in touch with the aforesaid person, but I would not put his name out there for all to see. If you would care to send me a private message with your contact details I could forward them to the current owner, whether he chooses to make contact with you would be up him.
Peter
Many thanks, Peter. Can you let me know the best platform to send you a message on - As a non-member of the VOC, I don't see a method on the site. (I'm also based in California)
Nigel

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
That’s a difficult one, not sure how we get round that, I am reluctant to put too much information about myself on this open forum, but I will alert my pal of your interest in PYE714. If you are comfortable putting your email address on here I will forward it to him, he does not visit this forum.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Nigel, your email details have now been sent to the current owner, I had a very positive reaction from him, I am sure you will receive contact. Good Luck, Peter

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Nigel, Both the current owner of your late fathers Black Shadow, PYE 714 and myself have tried to contact you on the email address you have given above, I just wondered if our communications were going to spam or trash, If I do not hear from you I will assume that you no longer require the information you originally requested.
Kind Regards, Peter.