Photo date

powella

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Could someone please put a date to this Photo as there is no information on the reverse side.

Attachments

• Scan_20231204.jpg
    Scan_20231204.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 66

vibrac

VOC Member
Jufging by the average age of the VOC now and the age of Children in picture no later later than 70's event could be a lot earlier, airfield location? blue VOC event tee shirt?
I do not recognise anyone I can put a name to this is the limit I can blow to
1701943937939.png

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Back row 5th from left is Bob Stafford. A further four along is Rita Stafford with the black handbag strap over her shoulder. Kneeling down between Bob & Rita in the middle row is Roger Haylett. All three were East Midland section members who are sadly no longer with us.

As for where and when, sorry I don't know.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes Simon you are right its a younger Bob so perhaps mid sixties?t
certainly the airfield is not one I can remember from racing. I cannot recall any of hose fir trees at any circuit

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Yes Simon you are right its a younger Bob so perhaps mid sixties?t
certainly the airfield is not one I can remember from racing. I cannot recall any of hose fir trees at any circuit
Looking at the hairsyles I would say sometime in 1970's.

powella

Non-VOC Member
Airfield ( EX ) is Curborough Near Litchfield Staffs and is a photo of the East Midlands Section " Twisty Sprint ".
It shows organisers ( Stafford`s )their families and some competitors.
The trees made a wonderful echo effect and the circuit is still in use today.
Moved to the area mid seventies so the Photo is probably early 80`s.
Note the youngsters on the front row . Is this the way for the club to flourish by engaging more of these youngsters with Disco`s , Parties , ride out`s , treasure hunts ,Skittle alley , on your Club nights ?